- Research News
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Annual Reports
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- Graduation Information
- CS Colloquium
- CU Tech Colloquium
- Student Colloquium
- SoNIC Workshop
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- 50th Anniversary Symposium
- Cornell University High School Programming Contest
- Game Design Initiative
Up-to-date tuition and fees for the Master of Engineering Program can be found here.
The Department of Computer Science does not offer financial aid to M.Eng students. We do not offer full time Teaching Assistantships, Research Assistantships or fellowships.
Funding is the sole responsibility of the student. Historically, students have financed their studies through family money, assumption of loans, corporate or government sponsorship or by obtaining an outside fellowship.
We have a limited number of GTRS (Graduate Teaching/Research Specialist) positions (this is a MEng level TA position,) each semester however, these are generally awarded to students with previous Cornell course staff experience.
- Students eligible for these positions will be sent an application about one month prior to the end of the semester. (TIP: this is not the undergraduate course staff application sent out by CIS Student Employment, but a separate application for MEng students only.)
- Students are considered for available positions for which they express interest and are qualified for.
- Not all courses are allocated MEng level TA's; selecting several courses of interest is recommended.
- Students will be notified approximately one month before the start of each semester of any offers.
- Students do not always get offered their top choice.
- We discourage all students from assuming they will be awarded a GTRS and warn that they are in no way guaranteed from one semester to the next.
GTRS postions carry a stipend which is paid bi-monthly over the semester in equal installments. No tuition awards are included in the GTRS appointment.
GTRS positions cannot be taken for MEng credit.
The Graduate School offers information on outside fellowship opportunities and where they can be found. Visit the "Fellowships" page for information.
Domestic students can apply for federally subsidized loans by completing a FAFSA form available here www.fafsa.ed.gov
Additional information on shcolarship and other funding resources is available through the College of Engineering can be found here: COE MEng Finanical Aid