- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Research News
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- Graduation Information
- Cornell Tech Colloquium
- Student Colloquium
- CS Colloquium
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- Cornell University High School Programming Contests 2023
- Game Design Initiative
- CSMore: The Rising Sophomore Summer Program in Computer Science
- Explore CS Research
- Research Night
The deadline for spring 2023 applications was October 1, 2022.
* If you would like to apply for the Computer Science Master of Engineering Program the application for fall 2023 admission is available. The Deadline for fall 2023 applications is February 1, 2023.
Fall 2023 application dates:
- The application form, all undergraduate transcripts, and statements of purpose must be received by February 1, 2023
- Test scores and LORs should be received by February 1, 2023, however, we will accept these up to three weeks past the deadline
Click here for information on the newly established CS M.Eng Diversity Scholarship. The application for the scholarship is part of the application for admission.
All application material must be submitted through Cornell Graduate Admissions online application system.
Required application material:
- Two letters of recommendation (one for current Cornell students)
- Transcripts from all undergraduate institutions
- Statement of purpose
- GRE test scores
- Writing sample
Click HERE to establish an account
- Questions about the application system should be directed to the Cornell Graduate Admissions Office
- Technical questions about the application should be directed to ApplyWeb Help
- For specific questions about the Computer Science MEng admissions process contact the CS MEng Admissions Team
NOTES on Applying:
- The deadline for Applications for spring 2023 admissions was October 1st, 2023.
- The deadline for Applications for fall 2023 is February 1, 2023.
- Applications received after the deadlines will not be considered without pre-approval by the CS MEng Admissions Team
- We do NOT do rolling admissions.
- We do not begin reviewing applications until our published deadline has passed.
- We will not review an application until all required materials are received.
- We do not consider any internal transfers from students admitted to other MEng Programs. If you have applied for and been offered admission to another MEng program, you will need to wait until our next admission cycle and submit a full and complete application for admission. Should you be offered admission to the CS MEng, whether we count any of the credits earned towards your first-degree program will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- If you are interested in applying to the CS MEng Program at Cornell Tech in New York City, please use their application found here https://tech.cornell.edu/admissions/meng-application. They offer a separate program with a different admissions process.
If you cannot find the answer to your questions about the CS MEng Program at Cornell University on our web pages, please get in touch with the Computer Science Master of Engineering Program Office via e-mail.
General program questions: CS M.Eng Office
Questions about applying and the admission process: CS M.Eng Admissions
If you want to request an appointment via ZOOM to discuss the admissions process:
- Cornell students: To set up a meeting with an admissions advisor please click here.
- Non-Cornell: send e-mail to the CS M.Eng Admissions Advisor