- Research News
- Contact Us
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Annual Reports
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- CS Colloquium
- BOOM 2017
- SoNIC Workshop
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- 50th Anniversary Symposium
- Cornell University High School Programming Contest
- Game Design Initiative
- SJTU International Workshop
Checklist of tasks required to fulfill all graduation requirements:
- Schedule and announce your B exam 7 days prior to exam date
- Provide a draft of your dissertation to your committee a minimum of 3-4 weeks prior to B exam date.
- After successfully completing your B exam, submit your final dissertation using Proquest
- Remedy all University Holds
- If you are a January degree candidate, please read this for instructions on how to terminate your spring semester health insurance. The department is not responsible for spring health insurance charges. If you would like to keep your spring health insurance, you will be billed for it on your bursar bill.
- Clear out all personal items from office and throw away any items you no longer wish to keep.
- Inform Becky Stewart of your leave date.
Graduating in January?
Graduating in May?
Graduating in August? Sorry no separate ceremony, but you can participate in the May event.
The Department of Computer Science holds a small Departmental graduate recognition ceremony each May the day prior to the University ceremonies. This event is open to all Computer Science Graduate Students who have completed or will be completing their degree in January, May or August of that year. Diplomas are not distributed at this ceremony. Ph.D students will be hooded by their advisor or their representative at this ceremony.
January Diplomas - are mailed in early/mid March to the address specified in the students' record as their HOME address. Students can also request that their diplomas be held by the University Registrar for pick up.
May Diplomas - University regulations do not allow diplomas to be awarded until the President of the University officially confers the degree at the University commencement event. As we historically have held the Departmental ceremony the day prior to degree conferral, diplomas are not distributed at the CS Graduate Recognition Ceremony. Diplomas are distributed either at a pre-arranged location following the University event or at the Computer Science Master of Engineering Office the week following.
August Diplomas - are mailed in mid/late November to the address specified in the students' record as their HOME address. Students can also request that their diplomas be held by the University Registrar for pick up.
*** Diplomas will not be distributed to those students who have any University Holds on their record. Students can determine if they have a hold by checking their student center ***